All students at Plymstock School have the right to feel safe both in and out of school. If you feel unsafe or are concerned about the safety of another student it is important you know where to go and who to talk to. At Plymstock School there are a wide number of staff that you can talk to that include (locations in brackets):
- Your Tutor (your Tutor room)
- Your Head of House (the Student Support Hub)
- One of your class Teachers (your teacher’s classroom)
- One of your Teaching Assistants (in class or in the Learning Support area)
Each House has a House Mentor that deals with student concerns who are available during the day for you to talk to. They can be found in the Student Support Hub.
There may be times where the situation you, or a friend is in, is deemed to be very serious. This can include incidents such as:
- Neglect – a child’s basic needs are not being met
- Physical abuse – violence
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Substance abuse
In the event of a serious incident, such as those listed above, please discuss with a member of staff that you trust and they will refer you to a Child Protection trained member of staff. Alternatively you can approach a member of the Child Protection staff directly.
There are a number of Child Protection staff at Plymstock School
- Heads of House: Mrs Lowe, Mr Wyatt, Mrs Maxwell, Mr Bellamy and Mrs Dover (located in the Student Support Hub)
- Mr Pearsall – Assistant Headteacher (Office on Science corridor nr. Conference Room)
- Mr Sprenkel – Senior Assistant Headteacher (Office in the Sixth Form Centre)
- Mr Diment – Deputy Headteacher (Office on the Science corridor nr. the Conference Room)
- Mr Farmer – Headteacher (Headteacher’s Office)
Please be assured that any concerns you raise will be taken seriously by staff at the school and we will try our best to help you.
In the event of you having concerns outside of school hours the following numbers will be of use to you:
Social Services: 01752 308600 (out of hours number: 01752 346984)
Childline: 0800 1111
Harbour Centre (Substance abuse): 08432 778043