Plymstock School Uniform
School Uniform Boys and Girls
The wearing of school uniform makes an important contribution to the tone and reputation of a school and is therefore compulsory for all students in Years 7 – 11. The Sixth Form are expected to dress in a manner appropriate to our working environment. It is recognised that senior students have more scope to be individual in their dress. However, it is expected that they are not scruffy, and do not dress in a way which distracts them or others from their work. The school takes pride in the appearance of its students and we are grateful for the continued co-operation of parents in maintaining standards.
Students from Sept 2011
- Navy Blazer with new school logo
- White blouse/shirt
- Clip-on school tie
- Dark grey school trousers
- Girls – knee length dark grey skirt
- Socks/tights – grey or black
- Coats plain navy or black. Leather jackets, denim coats, cardigans or hoodies are not permitted.
- Scarves plain navy or black.
- Jewellery and rings must NOT be worn. The only exceptions are watches, for which the school accepts no responsibility in the event of loss or damage. The ONLY types of earrings permitted are a pair of plain gold sleepers or studs worn in the lower earlobe for girls or a plain gold stud worn in the lower earlobe for boys.
- Hair no extreme fashion (e.g. no beads or shaved heads).
- Very light make-up is permitted in Years 10 and 11. This should be subtle and not readily visible.
- Shoes plain black leather school type shoes only.
Sports and PE Kit
Boys black/sky reversible sports shirt
Boys black sky sports polo shirt
Boys black sports socks (can be purchased elsewhere)
Girls black microfibre ¼ zip top
Girls white/sky sports polo shirt
Girls white sports socks (can be purchased elsewhere)
Unisex black microfibre shorts (plain black shorts can be purchased elsewhere)
BOYS & GIRLS
Trainers or plimsolls (non-marking soles).
Boots – suitable for rugby and football
Unisex black microfibre tracksuit bottoms (plain black tracksuit bottoms can be purchased elsewhere)
*Gum shields are strongly advised for hockey and rugby.