Year 10 Parent Information Evening: November 2012
The information covered at the event can be located below:
Main Hall Presentation: Download Here
English: Download 1 Download 2
Maths: Download Here
Science: Download Here Further information can be found via link 1 and link 2
Humanities: Download Here
MFL: Download Here
ICT for learning: Click this link
We recognise that getting the best out of every student is joint effort between school and home. Many parents ask what they can do to help support their child’s learning. Below are a few suggestions of what you can do to help:
- Check they are organised for school (Exercise books, correct equipment, full school uniform, PE kit, completed homework etc…
- Make sure they attend school regularly and are on time.
- Set clear boundaries.
- Ensure they have a suitable diet including breakfast, drinks etc…
- Talk with your child about the value of hard work and the importance of education.
- Find out what’s happening at school.
- Attend Parents’ Evenings and discuss your child’s progress with their teachers.
- Ask to see reports and messages that come from school.
- Encourage your child to think about their future.
- Develop schedules and stable routines.
- Allow them to take part in decision-making (and to learn that sometimes this means sacrificing fun now, for benefits later).
- Check the homework timetable for your child.
- If your child has several pieces of work due in on the same day (this should be recorded in their planner), suggest they space the work out rather than leave it all until the night before.
- Plan a balanced life (study, fun, other pressures).
Useful revision websites
Get Revising: http://getrevising.co.uk/
GCSE Bitesize: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/
S-Cool Revision: http://www.s-cool.co.uk/
Revision World: http://www.revisionworld.co.uk/
How Stuff Works: http://www.howstuffworks.com/
School History: http://www.schoolhistory.co.uk/revision/
French Revision: http://www.frenchrevision.co.uk/
BBC Student Life Revision and Skills: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/studentlife/revisionandskills/
BBC Revision Planner: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/studentlife/revisionandskills/revision/revision_planners.shtml
BBC Coping with Exam Stress: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/advice/factfile_az/exams_stress
Contact with Plymstock School
- Our website has a wide range of information to help you keep up-to-date with key events such as report and parents’ evening dates.
- All key letters are available on-line.
- Keep in touch – you do not have to wait until Parents’ Evening. Please read the ‘Communicating with Plymstock School’ link in the parent section of the website.
- Our contact details are on the website and supporting every student there is an active pastoral team who would be only to happy to help.
- Newsletters, Parent Forums and Parent Information Evenings are just a few of the other ways you can find out more about school.